Toivon Forum

The creator of Kingdom of Pirates, Dream Shop, and Dream Undercity. Our team of young professionals seeks to create top-quality mobile games.
It is currently 2018-06-20 6:43

All times are UTC

Post subject: Honor calculations
PostPosted: 2014-01-08 20:16 

I seriously wonder how the honor calculations are done.

I have experience that top 2 players get more honor when they attack other players than when lower ranked players attack similar targets....

Normally this only happens when people leave and rejoin a guild?

I would strongly recommend publishing the calculations and also make individuals honor scores public for everyone.

I'm tired of non transparent games!

Post subject: Re: Honor calculations
PostPosted: 2014-01-09 1:55 

My anecdotal experience is that attacking someone with high honor yields more honor than attacking so done with low honor. Whether that us related to your own honor relative to theirs is likely but idk.

PostPosted: 2014-01-14 22:37 

I was taking notice to this and discussing it with my guild prior to seeing this post. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one with this thought. Seems quite a few people are leaving and rejoining their guilds in order to knock others backwards. One day someone is taking 8 and 1 from me, the next they are taking 15 and 8 or more. It is starting to happen quite frequently. If this isn't patched up now that people are getting smart to it, it will ruin the game. It certainly makes me lose interest. In my opinion that is blatant cheating.

PostPosted: 2014-01-24 18:05 

Viper660 wrote:
I seriously wonder how the honor calculations are done.

I have experience that top 2 players get more honor when they attack other players than when lower ranked players attack similar targets....

Normally this only happens when people leave and rejoin a guild?

I would strongly recommend publishing the calculations and also make individuals honor scores public for everyone.

I'm tired of non transparent games!

Last night u(lvl64) also took 8 honor from me(lvl61).
I lose 8-16 honor per my losing so this week i lose
100+ honor (but gain 277 prestige).
UNHAPPY!!

PostPosted: 2014-01-24 18:46 

For example, everytime Bountyhunt beated me i lose 16 honor 8 prestige but today i beated her i gain only 2 honor 8 prestige. :(

PostPosted: 2014-01-25 2:05 

nara_jr wrote:
For example, everytime Bountyhunt beated me i lose 16 honor 8 prestige but today i beated her i gain only 2 honor 8 prestige. :(

This is because bountyhunt just joined a new guild and his honor reset to 1600. Until he had high honor again (which should be happening shortly) this is the way it will be. High honor wins agains low honor gets almost nothing. Low honor beats high honor and gets a lot.

PostPosted: 2014-01-28 13:09 

I can understand that low honor beating high honor would gain more than high beating low. Someone joining a new guild is also understandable. My problem is with those that leave their current guild and rejoin the same guild. I think if a waiting period of 7 days was imposed to rejoin a guild you just left it would deter some of what is happening.

PostPosted: 2014-02-03 11:52 

I have been hit multiple times a day for 15+ honor. After working hard to achieve high honor it really sucks that someone can come along and wipe out any progress you made in the last couple of days in 2 hits.

PostPosted: 2014-02-03 16:30 

I don't agree with whatever method they use to calculate the points. Not well thought through as I know for a fact a higher level player is much weaker than a lower level player. Yet if the lower level player has more honour, through fighting in their own zone against their own levels, they will suffer a big loss to someone who is much stronger with little points.

They changed the game to split higher levels up from lower levels, but it doesn't make any difference once your in Trepid fighting levels from 53 to 65. Fair on the 53s? No

Honour should be published scores, something to be proud of.
Not something to reset all the time to benefit yourself or the guild.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

PostPosted: 2014-02-03 17:31 

Problem is that it is not illegal for anyone to jump in and out of guilds and every time honor resets making you gain more honor by attacking players with more then 1600 honor.

Quick fix. Don't reset honor when changing a guild. This also makes guild merges more fair for everyone. And since guild size just continues merges are needed so definitely an option.